Hollow glass is a new type of building material, with good heat insulation, sound insulation, aesthetics and applicability, can reduce the weight of the building. Insulating glass has many advantages over ordinary double glazing, so it is recognized by many countries around the world.
1. Hollow glass has excellent energy-saving effect: the energy consumption of modern buildings is mainly air conditioning and lighting, the former accounts for 55% of energy consumption, the latter accounts for 23% of energy consumption, and glass is a very thin building external wall, easy to heat transfer materials. Because the desiccant in the aluminum frame keeps the air in the glass hollow dry for a long time through the gap above the aluminum frame, the heat insulation performance of the glass is excellent.
2. High insulation of hollow glass: insulation glass can reduce noise 27-40 decibels.
3. Eliminate frost and dew: the temperature difference between indoor and outdoor is too large, single-layer glass will frost. Hollow glass is affected by the air barrier, because the inner glass is in contact with the indoor air, even if the external contact is very low, there will be no condensation on the glass surface due to the temperature difference.
4. Improvement of wind pressure performance: the curtain wall mainly bears wind load, and the wind pressure performance becomes the main index of the curtain wall. The wind pressure resistance of hollow glass is 15 times that of single-layer glass.
5. Glass is not easy to self-explode: The production method of hollow glass is bonding method, which belongs to cold processing. The internal stress of the original glass sheet is unchanged, and the surrounding material is sealed with elastic material. The glass is not easy to self-explode.
6. The film layer of the coated glass will not fall off: the metal film surface of the coated glass should not be exposed to the air for a long time, and the metal film surface of the coated hollow glass will not fall off in the dry sealed air.
7. The original glass will not burst: in air-conditioned rooms, in the summer, the outside of the single layer of glass is exposed to direct sunlight, trapping heat, and the temperature inside the glass is not the same as the outside. Too much temperature difference and the glass will burst. This phenomenon exists in hollow glass.